YAAC_Yet_Another problem in version 1.64P2 Beta#08

Started by piamoo, December 09, 2014, 06:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piamoo

Hi,

Since I like to play computer games in full screen mode. I tried to play different demo games in the projects package in full screen modes.

When this game run in the version 1.64P2 Beta#08(also in the version 1.64P), this game could not run properly in any 16:9 full screen mode(1280x720, 1360x768 or 1366x768). The monitor displayed strange things. I attached a jpg file in this post. 

When YAAC_Yet_Another_Asteroids_Clone run in the version 1.64L, there was no problem in any 16:9 full screen mode.

I hope that some users can try to play this game in the 16:9 full screen modes to test the game. Thanks again.

kevin

Works fine here in 16by9 modes... The problem you're seeing is the frame buffer modulus is incorrect.   

secondly,  if you're going attach pictures,  please give them a more appropriate file name.   It makes tasks like managing the board media files much easier for me..   

piamoo

Quote from: kevin on December 09, 2014, 07:22:33 AM
Works fine here in 16by9 modes... The problem you're seeing is the frame buffer modulus is incorrect.   

Hi,

Very, very strange. If I use 16-bit(Openscreen 1360, 768, 16, 2), the game can run normally in full screen mode! This game runs normally in all resolutions in 16-bit full screen mode.!

"the frame buffer modulus is incorrect."   oh...Actually, I don't understand the meaning of this sentence. Why the frame buffer modulus only affects 32-bit full screen mode on my computer? Why do this game run normally in 32-bit full screen mode on your computer? Is it possible to solve this problem? 

secondly,  if you're going attach pictures,  please give them a more appropriate file name.   It makes tasks like managing the board media files much easier for me..   

ok......I will use a suitable name for attached file next time.

kevin

The modulo or pitch, is the number of the bytes between scan lines of any image.   The screen image is set up by your video card driver, which will generally oversize the screen width, so each new row of pixels with fall into it's preferred alignment.   Which will generally be on 64bit boundaries  (Every 8th byte).  

I suspect the problem you're having,  is that the 32bit post mult alpha function(s) are using the source modulo for destination modulo also, so when the video card allocates some odd oversized buffer, then the rows won't map directly, giving the effect pictured..  I've updated that function, so it should work with any abstraction format you pick..

(Read Help Files On-> GetIMagePtr , GetIMagePitch , GetIMageType )

piamoo

Quote from: kevin on December 09, 2014, 07:03:23 PM
 The modulo or pitch, is the number of the bytes between scan lines of any image.   The screen image is set up by your video card driver, which will generally oversize the screen width, so each new row of pixels with fall into it's preferred alignment.   Which will generally be on 64bit boundaries  (Every 8th byte).  

Your explanation is in detail. Thank you.

I've updated that function, so it should work with any abstraction format you pick..

This is very good news. Well done!

(Read Help Files On-> GetIMagePtr , GetIMagePitch , GetIMageType )

ok....I try to understand these parts in the help file now.

piamoo

I have installed the 1.64P2 BETA#09b version and this bug is not in this BETA version.!