News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Petit Computer for DSI/3DS

Started by LemonWizard, April 15, 2013, 02:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonWizard

I've been learning to program games for Petit Computer, for 3DS.
It seems that alot of people haven't tried to push it yet.
When I get good enough and I've completed my first project, I'm going to also re write it inside of PlayBasic.
Though.. these two platforms are extremely DIFFERENT.

So what I plan to do is write something up in playbasic that helps me port my playbasic code directly into petit computer, with a few exceptions.
That's why I need to also make a visual aid/tool. Basically, I'll be able to select sprite sizes/graphically etc.. it'll cut the image into the right sizes
and the that'll leave me with just SOME work to do by hand. It will be MORE work in the long run but make it easier in the long run to, for my other projects.

And the way I'm doing this, I have no idea yet. Right now I'm still learning to code inside of Petit Computer by hand.
It's a BASIC language but with a few slight differences.

And for anyone who has a DSI or 3DS I highly reccomend it especially if you program regularely it's fun.
Anyhow.. what this post is about mainly is my link to the past for Petit Computer
http://imgur.com/lhg9fmz
I began remaking the entire thing. Those are the QR codes. I have a long way to go!
Actually.. if I remake it in playbasic I'll also end up using Multisync to rewrite the game to allow for multiplayer dungeons.
IE A four swords, version of link to the past. The FULL game. It'll allow players to go their seperate ways in LTTP IE you're not locked into any area, with a "teleport to player" option.
Mostly if I do this and people play it they'll want to stay together since that's the nature of playing a dungeon anyhow.
Just hoping Nintendo doesn't suddenly issue a cease and desist order XD.

LemonWizard

Well, here's a video showing my legend of zelda project for petit computer. it's not very far along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93YhyV3XvTY&feature=youtu.be

BlinkOk

very cool lemony dude. dod you have all the other sprites and backgrounds?

LemonWizard

Some of them. I'm working on a pc version in playbasic to because I got frustrated at my lack of progress with Petit Computer. It's very different. There's alot of sprite and pallete limitations with petit computer that I'm not facing at all with playbasic.

BlinkOk

ok. i had a look and there are heaps of sites with zelda sprites so i think you could put together a pretty nice looking game. good luck

LemonWizard

Thanks! I'll be posting regular updates on my youtube channel as I go so you should subscribe to catch the updates if you're interested.

I'll be posting updates for the playbasic version when I have something worth showing.

LemonWizard

Yay! :D

Porting playbasic games to petit computer:

Anyone up for this idea? Certain limitations apply.

As you all can see I'm working on miniaturizing the legend of zelda, a link to the past.
My donkey kong country 2 remake is still being done, but when it is finished I'm going to be porting THAT to Petit computer as well (LOTS of work)

if anyone has any playbasic games they think are simple enough, for me to attempt to port to Petit computer, feel free to let me know.
^^; I might be seeing if people who made games in Petit computer want some of their projects ported to Playbasic. Things are getting very interesting around here. :D

LemonWizard

Here's a third update video if anyone wants to see: