News:

Function Finder  Find all the functions within source code files

Main Menu

Think hard copies of photo's is a must

Started by micky4fun, March 09, 2013, 11:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

Hi all

well over the last few hard weeks i think i have learned that its all well and good having thousands of photos stored all over the pc's and hard disc's i have ,
but think you must have least get some of them printed out , either youself or a shop , theres nothing like flicking through them in your hand
thought i would share this with you all

mick :)

Sigtrygg

Hello Mick!

Welcome back! Nice to hear from you again!  :)
Thank you for your thoughts.
I aggree with you that it might be a nice feeling to know
your life saved and compressed onto your computers harddisk,
but if you want to share your memories with family or friends
you have to search for a long time to find the right pictures
you would like to share.
I am such a person too, who save all the pictures and videos
on HDD, but fortunately my wife prints out the nicest of them
in time.

Have a peaceful weekend!

Sigtrygg

BlinkOk

i agreee mick. i lost a bunch of pics upgrading the pc last time.

kevin

yeah.. there's nothing worse than waking up one day and a hard drives died,  or something vanishes unexpectedly through soft or hard error.      Lost a few months worth of pictures back when moving to XP.  Since then, really try and make regular backups of those folders.   Much more structured now than before also.  Generally drop them to external device / drive or burn to disc or both.    Had a crisis with my previous external drive this time last year, which contained most of my man made data from about the early / mid 90's.   Lost some stuff, but was able to reconstruct many of the folders from older disc backups, since they overlap..   

A couple of years back our family started sharing back up discs around.  Making a few backups is so cheap (30/40cents per disc) there's really no excuse, at least then you've got something off site to recover if such a day occurs.   It's often handy for them also since my photos will contain them anyways..