Main Menu

For Foxes Sake WIP

Started by micky4fun, August 19, 2012, 03:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATLUS

micky4fun, nice work, i think needed add some obstacles.

micky4fun

Hi all

Quotei think needed add some obstacles.
yes will be adding dogs , gamekeeper , snails on grass platforms as well as maybe other stuff coming out of water or dropping from sky , trying to mix it up a bit so it aint all the same , hopefully maybe watering some flowers and other tasks ,
well had 2 mates over a few hours ago and they played it for aboy 30 mins each and they could not suss out were the paint brush is , so heres a big clue , try the circlar moving platforms , why do they change colour ? , dont think they played mario at all somehow lol

mick :)

BlinkOk

here's the snail and dog. i changed the snail a little to conform with the style
if you like i can do just do the shell too so when he jumps on the snail it goes into it's shell (bit like mario and the turtles)
i'll do some jumping fish too

micky4fun

Hi all

Quoteif you like i can do just do the shell too so when he jumps on the snail it goes into it's shell (bit like mario and the turtles)
i'll do some jumping fish too
thanks for snail and dog i will get them into the game tomorrow as its late here ,
yep snail could go off in shell like turtles do once killed in mario . at the moment i am just over half way on level one layout , as it pans out you get some blocks in sky like i had early demo , wonder if keeping the moving platforms in is ok ? and if so maybe they should look a little different to still platform blocks ?

ok thanks again blinkOk
back soon

BlinkOk

ok i'll have a look at a platform with wings or something like that

micky4fun

Hi all

ok thats great , will break it up a bit , ok long day , will get into it again tomorrow

thanks mick :)

BlinkOk

had a shark lying around so i did a quick animation. this will prolly change to a fish or something coz it's out of scale with the other characters
for reference;
demo

ps: and a shell
pps: changed the shark to a fish (repeat the first two frames while jumping to wiggle tail, then rotate and fall)
ppps: i did a flying box but maybe it might be better if we just did the flapping wing. what do you think?

BlinkOk

just the wings

micky4fun

Hi all

ok thanks BlinkOk , thought i got rid of a problem that arouse when collecting coins or carrots , and then you suddenly changed direction , the stars would come up in wrong place somethimes and also empty carrot patch would appear in wrong place , but i think i have sorted that out for final time now , did a little editing to level one map , and now starting to put in snail and dog , so will get on with that ,
going to have to think of a name for game , as jumping jack flash dont seem right now , lol , ive been calling it for fox's sake , lol

BlinkOk

for fox's sake is awesome. i luv it!

micky4fun

Hi all

go with that then , haha

ok got a few snails in tonight , carry on tomorrow

BlinkOk

for fox's sake micky!

it would be super awesome if you clicked play and the platform disappeared and he fell down to the next platform and that was the start of the game.
it's prolly too much trouble though. i should have had his tail waving in the wind but i'm forkin lazy ;-)
do you want me to send a screen shot or do you want the bits?

micky4fun

Hi all

looks good BlinkOk ,

i think i will just need play , for foxs sake i will overlay them ,
micky4fun , kazoowee , playbasic av them in mud , i will make tiles out of them i think
yep i will re-do level as it wont take to long and have it as you said so play platform falls in water and sinks and fox falls to next platform and starts game

BlinkOk

ok here you go. let me know if you need the bigger/smaller or anything else

micky4fun

Hi all

well got a reasonable amount of work in today , heres where i am at the moment , still wondering how long the level should be , this one kinda stops after 4/5 screens , thought this maybe long enough to get all you bonus updates how you did etc  , then carry on with next part of that level

you still cannot ket killed or kill anything yet ,
BlinkOk thanks for latest gfx's , not got dog or clouds in yet , wonder if you have anything better for ? box , or other idea for that , just so you know where there might be somthing to get

oh yeh space to start

ps small video here

http://youtu.be/64CLa8KCawQ