Main Menu

For Foxes Sake WIP

Started by micky4fun, August 19, 2012, 03:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlinkOk

Quotei spent all day just doing the paint splash thing , tried about 5 different ways and settings but this one seemed to be the best i could come up with , dont think its as pretty looking as yours , but seems ok what do you think ?
it's better than mine that's for sure. looks awesome.

i'll get onto the house key thing.

BlinkOk

house and key ( i thought the coin over the chest would communicate that the player needs to get coins to open it, if you have another idea let me know cause i dunno if this method makes it very clear)

still need to get the bear boss together. let me know if you need anything else

ps: forgot the door on the house
pps: if you want the fox to walk into the house you'll need two images of the open door house (see house.rar)

micky4fun

Hi All

ok blinkOk i have grab images , thanks , house looks good , will get them into level asap , so once entered house the game will goto a in inside the house level ?

ive just finished the moving platforms so when landed they get painted as well , dont know if i will bother as could be a bit indepth to get grass moving platforms painted as well ,
think i will use them after fox as key and is on way to house with no paintbrush ,
also thought , if it was just about collecting the 100 coins to get key , then as coins are already out on playfield , the fox would not have to bother to get brush to move onto house
so what i have done now is the coins will only appear when you have collected the brush , if you lose brush coins disapear , you need to get brush again to carry on where you left off with coins
so that way you will have to paint most of the floor , platforms and fence to get all coins and upti you for bonus points if you want to paint more

the last demo had a few collision issues , you would collide without touching enimies , now put that back as it should be,
what i will do now is get this level completly done so you walk to house door and post it up ,

will let you know how the chest coins thing goes , thanks for the amazing gfx's so far blinkOK , hope its not taking up to much of your time

Kevin , thanks for your new code snippits , i know what you mean about being posited before they're drawn , did not relize that and see what you mean by in top left hand corner when at top far left you can just see the paint ,

ok lets get on mick :)

BlinkOk

Quoteso once entered house the game will goto a in inside the house level ?
nah. i think that we can just make that the end of each level. i'll do another one for the spooky levels
Quotedont know if i will bother as could be a bit indepth to get grass moving platforms painted as well
nah i wouldn't bother. i might turn the particle effct off when he's on a moving platform though
Quoteso what i have done now is the coins will only appear when you have collected the brush , if you lose brush coins disapear , you need to get brush again to carry on where you left off with coins
so that way you will have to paint most of the floor , platforms and fence to get all coins and upti you for bonus points if you want to paint more
this sounds great!

when your done with this level i'll try and make a tile set for the spooky level and overlay that on the sunny level.

micky4fun

Hi all

ok BlinkOk
Quoteso once entered house the game will goto a in inside the house level ?
nah. i think that we can just make that the end of each level. i'll do another one for the spooky levels
right ok with you now , thats fine

Quotewhen your done with this level i'll try and make a tile set for the spooky level and overlay that on the sunny level.
ok yep would be great if they just overlaid , but i can always tinker about with code a bit , will get cracking and get this level done so you know the exact layout of tileset
as it keeps changing at mo

mick :)

BlinkOk

Quotebut i can always tinker about with code a bit
as far as i can see the only thing to change (program wise)  will be that the clouds in the background will become the fog in the foreground

BlinkOk

i think i'm done with the spooky level.
ghost = dog
skull = snail
fireball = fish
bats = hunter

Animation (not scaled so much)

micky4fun

Hi all

All looks fantastic , I'm still tapping away , I av PM you blink ok

Mick

monkeybot

i have to say,it looks very nice!

micky4fun

Hi all

Hi monkeybot , yep BlinkOk id coming up with the goodies here thats for sure , making it nice and easy for me to get into gear and get game going
i have been distracted a bit with one thing or the other , but im still tapping away every spare minute,
anyway heres the game so far not a lot has changed , i have posted this up so blinkOk can see what im doing and spruce some boxes up a bit

well see if you can suss it out how to collect coins , its quite easy enough , end not done yet but plenty of ideas just hope some work

BlinkOk

haha. that's brilliant mick. i'll do some doodles for the next boxes.

micky4fun

Hi all

thats ok then BlinkOk , i have a few simular things towards end of that level as well , but wont give to much away till i do it as i might not work as i want it to , lets just see what happens and what you think , i will get more time sunday now to crack on with it

ATLUS

This is AMAZING game micky4fun!!!

BlinkOk

ok i'm not sure this communicates well but i used a circular arrow as the switch. if you think the question mark would be better then i can change it. i think the paint/coin switch is ok.
what do you think?

monkeybot

this is shaping up really well.well done mick.