News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Hi

Started by yukka, December 18, 2009, 02:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukka

Hi All,

Just tried Play Basic learning edition and it convinced me, so it seems I'll purchase it.
I'm playing the bass guitar and do the vocals in a finnish metal band, and I want to create a quiz game about music and musical instruments knowledge with nice graphics and animations (my friend is a graphic artist). Then I'm planning to create an online version of it later.
It was very important for me that Play Basic is very fast because I want my program to run on older machines too.
Does it run on Windows Vista and 7? I don't have such Windows yet.

Sorry if my english is not the very best.

Regards,

Yukka Rantalla

kevin

Howdy,

QuoteJust tried Play Basic learning edition and it convinced me, so it seems I'll purchase it.

There's really no rush.  The whole point of the Learning Edition is so people can take their time with it.  No need to rush in...

QuoteI'm playing the bass guitar and do the vocals in a finnish metal band, and I want to create a quiz game about music and musical instruments knowledge with nice graphics and animations (my friend is a graphic artist).

Can you gives us some idea what type of visuals you have in mind ?    2D, 3D, Movies... etc

QuoteThen I'm planning to create an online version of it later.

You can make a Windows version of game using PlayBasic, but you'd have to use a different tool to make an online version.   At least at this point.

QuoteIt was very important for me that Play Basic is very fast because I want my program to run on older machines too.

What do you class an older machine ?   

The graphical effects you use in your game and the size of the display area, will largely dictate what type of system requirements the game needs to be playable.    Generally PB programs will run on systems up to about 10 years old. 

QuoteDoes it run on Windows Vista and 7? I don't have such Windows yet.

It does,  providing the user has the DirectX 9.0c  package installed.  This package includes all the legacy version of the DirectX.  Unfortunately Vista & Windows 7 don't come these pre-installed..

QuoteSorry if my english is not the very best.

Seem fine to me.