News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Double click to open a PlayBASIC project file outside IDE, not quite okay.

Started by piamoo, December 10, 2014, 09:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piamoo

Hi, I think that PlayBASIC IDE may have a bug. This is the problem:

I turned on the "File Association" option in the PlayBASIC IDE. I minimized the PlayBASIC IDE. I opened one folder. I double clicked a PlayBASIC project file in this folder. The Playbasic project file could not be opened. An error message box appeared(attached jpg file). May it be a bug in the PlayBASIC IDE? I also used the version 1.19 Beta IDE to try. The same message box appeared. Thank you.

kevin

All support for the PlayWRITE IDE has been discontinued.  

piamoo

Quote from: kevin on December 10, 2014, 10:04:45 PM

All support for the PlayWRITE IDE has been discounted. 

Hi,

oh....I don't understand. Do you mean that this editor will not be improved any more? oh...why not improve the editor? Is it

difficult to make an excellent editor? I think that an editor is very important for PlayBASIC users. An editor is a first impression.

Perhaps a nice editor is more important than a good visual effect.

kevin

Quotewhy not improve the editor?

I didn't write it,  nor do  I don't have the source code for it.   So it can't be updated, or supported in any way.

Even if we had the sources, we'd still have to pay for renewed commercial license of the edit control.. Which isn't cheap !

QuotePerhaps a nice editor is more important than a good visual effect.

We're well aware of that, but unless your to offering to pay for it's development, then we're stuck for the time being.  

piamoo

Oh.....I see.

The editor is really a problem because I discovered other bugs in this editor.

I look forward to some solutions from the community in the future.

monkeybot

good luck with that...I use Editor 1.1.9 public beta 3 which is fairly stable.

piamoo

Quote from: monkeybot on December 13, 2014, 11:41:33 AM
good luck with that...I use Editor 1.1.9 public beta 3 which is fairly stable.

Hi,

Do you think that some users will make a better IDE in the near future?

monkeybot

Personally i don't have the time,it's a pretty involved job,but as i said the beta is pretty good,i use it and it rarely crashes.

piamoo

Quote from: monkeybot on December 18, 2014, 12:25:09 PM
Personally i don't have the time,it's a pretty involved job,but as i said the beta is pretty good,i use it and it rarely crashes.

Hi,

oh....ok. Do you know why the author of the IDE doesn't continue to improve the IDE any more?