News:

Function Finder  Find all the functions within source code files

Main Menu

Steve Irwin, R.I.P.

Started by hatonastick, September 04, 2006, 04:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatonastick

Well the news today was a bit of a shock. Steve Irwin aka "The Crocodile Hunter" was killed today while filming underwater off of the coast of Cairns. Stabbed through the chest by a stingray which, according to the experts and the locals, is a freak accident. Love him or hate him, he did a lot of important work in conservation and at the same time promoted our country overseas.  Thoughts and prayers of course must go to his wife, children and the rest of his family.
Matthew 5:14-16

Deano

Man, I really liked him. He seemed like the nicest guy----very crazy, but nice. my family and  I will miss him.
"Black holes are a result of God dividing the universe by zero."-Steven Wright

kevin

Yes, it was certainly a shock.  He'll  be missed!

Ian Price

I posted a thread about this on RetroRemakes this morning. I think it was inevitable at some point, but it's still a shock. I'm only surprised that it was a fish that did it - I (like many others) presumed he'd be sent to his maker by a snake, spider, scorpion or croc. ANything but a semi-dangerous fish (only 2 other recorded deaths by stingray in Oz).

A real shame - he was such an enthusiastic presenter, and such an advocate for natural history that you couldn't fail to enjoy his programs.
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

empty

Yes, it's sad. I liked his shows a lot.

hatonastick

Quote from: Ian Price on September 04, 2006, 11:10:13 AM
I posted a thread about this on RetroRemakes this morning. I think it was inevitable at some point, but it's still a shock. I'm only surprised that it was a fish that did it - I (like many others) presumed he'd be sent to his maker by a snake, spider, scorpion or croc. ANything but a semi-dangerous fish (only 2 other recorded deaths by stingray in Oz).

A real shame - he was such an enthusiastic presenter, and such an advocate for natural history that you couldn't fail to enjoy his programs.
Yeah I felt the same way - that it was in some ways inevitable because he was always up close to very dangerous animals, but to go that way..  It's being called a freak accident and there really isn't any other way to describe it.

Personally I wish I had even half his enthusiasm.  He was someone who really grabbed life with both hands.

I hope the hyenas (known as the media) leave his family alone and don't chase them around shoving cameras in their faces...
Matthew 5:14-16

Adaz

We always looked his adventures, and were afraid of those wild animals which he catched by bare hands...
I'm afraid if you keep calling the Destiny, the Destiny will come for you...

Ádáz

Hungary

Draco9898

Cricky mate...Why did the bloke have to go off and die on me?
I mourn him, he was a very interesting and adventurous man... :-\

Kind of a shame, he should have at least gone out with alittle flare...but killed by a stingray?
I would have always suspected he would have been killed by handling the most poisonous snakes on earth.
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin