News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

bitmap strips

Started by John_Turner, April 14, 2006, 05:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Turner

how do you use graphic strips like bitmap strips which contain many pictures?
do u split them - with what?
or load into prog and let software split them
thanx j

-

kevin

You can do either. It's normally (but not always I guess)  easier to just load the image into PB, then use some code to cut it up into individual frames.

If you look in the PlayBasic\Projects\Demos  folder. You'll find an example called ImageStrip_Animation    This demo includes code that will cut up a supplied image into a list of images.  The Images are stored in an array.

Duncki

@Kevin
Hi Kevin you now i am thinking over a better Anim Support
what do you think about an SpriteClip command.
In the other PB (PureBasic) they have this Command,
an with this command you can "cut" off a piece off this Image that
you want display on this Sprite.

Command Example
SpriteClip(#Sprite,PosX, PosY, width, heigth)

Happy Eastern
Duncki
:)

kevin

Well, it makes a LOT sense to UV map when using D3D.  Sharing the same texture reduces those nasty buffer locks.  And will no doubt be how most people do animations in PBFX..  

However, You can already do this with FX buffers. But it's a little clunky atm..  :(

John_Turner

QuoteYou can do either. It's normally (but not always I guess)  easier to just load the image into PB, then use some code to cut it up into individual frames.

If you look in the PlayBasic\Projects\Demos  folder. You'll find an example called ImageStrip_Animation    This demo includes code that will cut up a supplied image into a list of images.  The Images are stored in an array.
thanx k
am now looking at imagestrip_animation

eatfishy

It would defintely be helpfuly if there was a loadanimation command or something that grab a certain piece of an image like darkbasic getimage 1,0,0,32,32, which will grab a certain area of an image.