News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Exodus2D

Started by flockhound, May 30, 2006, 09:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flockhound

I've decided to post this in Beginners only because my underlying goal was to help noobs.  It is, honestly, my second "completed" program in PB, hence, Exodus was its prototype name (and the first program's was Genesis).  Exodus2D is something of a Mappy...I suppose.  I've never used Mappy even though I've heard of it (never seen it either).  It's basically a way to modify maps that can then be saved.

It is heavily, heavily "remarked" and will teach the noob a thing or two about Maps and created programs in PB in general.  It also includes some short lessons on different aspects of PB that the program comes across and then provides a guide on how to implement the map into a game.  Right now I'm almost done coding Exodus2D (which is a spitting image of Kevin's Platformer example except with a menu and a few other things).  I don't want it to be a clone of Kevin's thing.  I just want it to be a help.  Once Exodus2D is done, I'll wrap it up with an example game (currently known as Levititcus).

These are the features I still have to code:
+ Tile sizes (currently only 40 pixels)
+ Save feature (about 50% completed)
+ Grid lines

I might also implement a third layer to edit.  Dunno.

Oh well, that's all I've got to say for now...

kevin

How's this progressing ?

flockhound

Just fine...although it has been pushed back some (high school).  I've been focusing on my C lately but I'll pick up the slack soon.  *grunt*