News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Technology Articles

Started by kevin, July 03, 2013, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

This thread will house the various interesting tech articles people find that might not warrant their own thread.   (Ie. less clutter!) 

App Stores / Mobiles

(login required)   (2013-06-04)

Android
  (login required)   (2013-07-04)

(login required)   (2013-01-08)

APPLE

(login required)

WEB

(login required)   (2013-03-29)

Dates in YYYY-MM-DD

kevin

(login required)  (2013-08-12)

buggage

Microsoft appears to have failed to establish RT as it's own version of iOS to Apple's OSX.

Windows 8 just confused users that just wanted a Windows 7 type environment that worked on touchscreen tablets and laptops and ran old Windows apps and games. That's not what they got at all. If M$ had done that, I think the situation would be very different.

M$ saw a chance to emulate the idea and success of iOS and have a separate and identifiable source of additional income with non-Windows certified apps. I can understand why they wanted to do this. However, the message just wasn't clear at all and users ended up with Metro and Windows 8 on the same machine (and Windows 8 looked like a major step backwards when compared to Windows 7 (although it wasn't)).

It'll be interesting to see how M$ recovers from all of this Windows "h-eight."

kevin

(login required)  (2013-11-01)

monkeybot

oh bloody hell.
is't just sooo pathetic.

innovate not litigate!!!

TWATS!

kevin

kevin

monkeybot

let's hope they get this one right.as i said before every other version is good.

3.1 good(we didn't know any better)
95 bad
98 good
me bad
xp good
vista bad
7 good
8 bad
9 good?

kevin

The search for the lost cray supercomputer os

kevin

(login required)  (2014-01-21)

kevin

www.venturebeat.com/2014/04/07/windows-xp-support-ends-tomorrow-unless-you-cough-up-millions/

kevin

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/179756-microsoft-finally-admits-defeat-will-bring-start-menu-back-in-future-windows-8-update

kevin

Apple shows iTunes users how to delete U2 album

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/09/15/u2-apple-itunes-delete-bono-tim-cook/15684873/

:)

kevin

Subscription based Windows here we comes

www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-trademarks-windows-365

monkeybot

It was only a matter of time.