News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Is Windows 8 Doomed ?

Started by kevin, June 15, 2012, 10:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Windows 8 Doomed ?

I'm upgrading ASAP
1 (11.1%)
I'll upgrade when i buy a new system
1 (11.1%)
Don't plan on upgrading
6 (66.7%)
Won't be buying another MS OS
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

RayRayTea2

Two months ago I had to buy a new computer and it came with Windows 8. Personally I don't mind the redesign of the interface (they're randomly reshuffling everything every year anyway, just this time they made an embarrassing mess) but what really, really bugs me are ridiculous assumptions (the parts of Help i was reading is written with "tap" and "swipe" as default and "click" and "drag" usually in brackets... hello, Microsoft do you know who will be using your stupid OS and on what kind of computers?) and crap drivers, among other things the one for my graphic tablet.

The problem is that as soon as Windows 8 sniffs anything "tablety", even a simple graphic tablet that has nothing to do with a touchscreen... it goes berserk and decides I must love the phones, touch screens, additional features that I don't need (why is it forcing me to use the onscreen keyboard when I have a perfectly working keyboard on my desk!?) ridiculous helper features (which are making it literally impossible to work) and so on. Worst of all some of the "assistant features" can't be turned off short of hacking the registry, no really! Other "assistant features" are scattered all over the Control Panel and it takes forever to weed them all out. At first I didn't believe it but after digging on internet I found out that yes, it's real. Before anybody says "Well you should have researched it before you bought it": to be frank I wouldn't have dreamed the situation is so dire, it's just unthinkable same as I do not use a Geiger meter on every piece of food I buy (maybe I should...). Drivers have problems, nothing new there but surely it can be redefined somehow? Nope. The situation is literally so bad I can't use my graphic tablet. If you don't believe me here are some other people reporting about it on Wacom's and Autodesk's official forums (to be fair people are venting it on Wacom and Autodesk – understandable but Microsoft is the root of this evil).

monkeybot

i would re-format and go back to 7,it seems every other M$ operatig system is crap!
Hopefull the next one will be better...

kevin

Microsoft Admit Windows 8 failure

XpMe_v1.2

I would say Play Basic have worked on the few things I have tried it on with Win 8 . But I have no time lately since I have been on my job every single day since May 3rd.  Too late to return it if I wanted to. And I like the looks and features of this laptop.
...XpMe v1.2

http://tilemusic.com/

kevin