Previous topic - Next topic

Can anyone help with this project?

draw
1 (50%)
paint
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

LBFN

You have your priorities straight; your schooling comes before casual game creation.  Anyway, I finished the left side pics of the missile launcher (attached). 

I am trying to figure out the maths needed to get the launcher to accurately depict the correct angle it should be at, based upon where the mouse's current x/y position are (I think the active launcher should follow the mouse, regardless of whether or not a missile is fired).  I wrote some quick code to place it at the left side on top of the hill (the location is 42,442 by the way) and coded it so that when you move the mouse up and down, the sprite image would go up/down also. It looks pretty realistic I think, so it is just a matter of doing the math.  Who knows, maybe a math guru from the forum will lend a hand.

ScottieB

Now, Flip and we have right. Use both right/left and we have middle. Right?  Yeah, sorry I'm so busy with school right now but when I get the time I swear I'm use all this stuff. So really thanks a billion!  I would be doing it right now but have to think about retaining info I'm learning on A+ certification.  Useually, I'd live for this stuff but things are changeing for the better.  I would love to see another one of those kewl 3D-ish terrains maybe of another color. My favorites for terrain right now seem gray and brown or perhaps a blackish white but not grayscale. I tell you. It give me great pleasure working with you and most of the time. I can't wait to see what you do next! really in all sencerity. Hey, if you want. I can send you some other programs I have in the makeing. Since you have devoted so much time to me.  Really! Would you like to see my lunar lander prog.  Or?  Do you think it best that we just stay where we are or is it time to move on?  One last question for now,  What about the sky? I'm so sick of plasma,fractal,noise.  For something else we can use for sky?  I've kinda always wanted to do like a skyline color-scheme where we have gradients levels at each level would you know how to do that???  peace for now over and out!

LBFN

QuoteUse both right/left and we have middle. Right?
These can be used in the middle based upon where the mouse pointer is.  I also plan to make ten additional images with a third person's view from behind, for when the mouse is (relatively) directly above the player.  The pitch can then be adjusted with regard to how high the mouse is on the screen.

QuoteSo really thanks a billion!
You're welcome :)

QuoteI would love to see another one of those kewl 3D-ish terrains maybe of another color.
Okay, I will see what I can do.

QuoteHey, if you want. I can send you some other programs I have in the makeing. Since you have devoted so much time to me.  Really! Would you like to see my lunar lander prog.  Or?  Do you think it best that we just stay where we are or is it time to move on?
You can send me your Lunar Lander program if you want.  I am pretty busy with a number of different projects / languages right now, but I can always keep it on file on the 'back burner' until I have time to play around with it.  I prefer to do a little bit on several projects at a time.  It seems to keep things fresher for me.

QuoteWhat about the sky? I'm so sick of plasma,fractal,noise.  For something else we can use for sky?  I've kinda always wanted to do like a skyline color-scheme where we have gradients levels at each level would you know how to do that???
Personally, I like the sky, but if you want something different I can work on something.  Gradients are easy enough to do, but would it look realistic?  Something I did in the past was to take a pic of outer space that the Hubble telescope grabbed and then edited the pic in PhotoShop to make it work as a game background.  If I was at my home computer I would post it up, but I won't be there until tomorrow.  You might be able to still use the plasma/fractal/noise as a layer, and just slowly move it in-game.  I think it would aid in depth perception.

If you really want a gradient, I'm going to need a basic layout for what you are looking for, because there are different ways to do it.  Even if you could draw a makeshift image on paper and scan it in to post here it would help me to know what you are looking for, or you could do a quick doodle in MS Paint.  Also, what color(s) do you want to use?

ScottieB

Yeah, I like the animated clouds at least going by slowly. What I also mean is for example a sunset that goes from orange to black.  That just an example but it would be cool if we could have something like that but with many colors and many different levels from botttom to top.  You can decide what colors you would like.  Try various ones that you think look good together. Like winter goes from white to purple to blue.  Just fool around and see what you come up with.  Well, until next time. Chow!

LBFN

Gradient sky attached.

Slightly altered Hubble telescope pic attached.

Grey ground also.

ScottieB

Kewl! That's what I meant.  Hey, I like that gray terrain neato!  With the gradient maybe you can try some colors that go from say white to some color and then maybe end with blue.  How's the 10 extra frames going for 3rd person view?  I don't quite understand what you mean but it's all good.  I should be able to see what you mean when you post them.  Say,  with the gradients do you see how it's one block all of the screen gradient from color to color? is there a way to do the say thing but with less and less blocks from bottom to top say 256 y block,128 y block,64 y block ??? so tht the color fades would be smaller and smaller from bottom to top???  because that's what I'm looking for but I don't know how to do it. once again you do the say thing but the screen would be sectioned in blocks big ones at bottom less and less as you move upwards makeing the transitions of colors decrease in size. I've always wanted to know how to do that. with that you have skylines for games. peace for now and thanks again bud!

ScottieB

Yo! LBFN would you know the screen position for the bases and cities in you terrain pics?  I'm messing around with some of them tonight. Man Kewlness! Thank you very much.

LBFN

Approximate X/Y coordinates for the cities from left to right:
99,482      186,494      263,498     433,488     527,476    620,484

Rocket launchers from left to right:
43,442      368,441      739,441

I still need to do the pics of the center rocket launcher.  

EDIT: Center rocket launcher pics are attached.  The first three look almost the same, but that's how it came out.  I re-did the first one to double-check, but it came out the same.

ScottieB

Thanks that helps. Now,I can place them alittle better.  Yeah, I really have'nt had the time but I'm going to try to make a little bit.  Do you have any other ideas that might improve our game?  I'm useing your ground3 with gradient background and it looks great. Can you think of anything else that we might be overlooking that come make this project better?  We might be over looking the obvious.  Well, until next time chow!