Main Menu

Looking for a Semi-New Computer

Started by Deano, December 29, 2009, 08:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deano

I figured, I might as well ask here. It's been ten years since I've been in the market for a new computer. Though I think of myself as being computer smart, Its been awhile. My question is can you buy a descent computer for under 500$ and what specs should I aim for. And also, would you or did you, buy one off of ebay? How was that experience?

Thanks for your time
DEANO 8)
"Black holes are a result of God dividing the universe by zero."-Steven Wright

kevin

If you haven't upgraded in 10 years,  then any budget system is going to feel like a trip into a galaxy  far far away.. What do you need it to do ??

Deano

I've upgraded my present computer to its max and is totally gone,spent to much time trying to revive it. The computer I'm looking for, I guess would be in the performance middle, Better than basic bare bones but, short of a full gaming.

found this on ebay
3.4GHZ DELL PC P4 2GB RAM DESKTOP COMPUTER & 19" LCD MONITOR for under 400$ Refurbished

kevin

That's pretty much what i'm running,  except this is only 512meg of memory and it's AMD FX64 

Any idea of the   hd size ?  or video card ?

I guess it doesn't really matter,  SATA drives are cheap as chips. 

Deano

kevin

In retrospect,  it seems a bit pricey to me.  You can build a new box (with monitor) in the $650 and above here.

Deano

Thanks for the input, I'll keep looking.

Deano