News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Make It Big In Games

Started by kevin, September 06, 2006, 11:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

thaaks

Thanks for the link - seems to be some nice reading although a bit slanted towards Garage Games' products, but that's okay - it's Jeff Tunnel's blog  ;D

Why did you mention this? For the information regarding indie game development or because of the current blog entry abotu the XNA Game Studio Express?

Would it be possible to base PlayBasic FX on top of XNA Game Studio Express or the underlying cross platform library? Although that would mean to buy the lib on a yearly base from MS, right?

Opening the console market for a Basic programming language would be the argument for a successful Basic IMHO.

But also the rest of the blog contains some good articles - thanks again!

kevin

QuoteWhy did you mention this? For the information regarding indie game development or because of the current blog entry abotu the XNA Game Studio Express?

Simply ran into it whiel searching for something else :)

Would it be possible to base PlayBasic FX on top of XNA Game Studio Express or the underlying cross platform library? Although that would mean to buy the lib on a yearly base from MS, right?

No idea.

QuoteOpening the console market for a Basic programming language would be the argument for a successful Basic IMHO.

yeah as things open up, It's certainly becoming an interesting area for the home brew crews out there.

QuoteBut also the rest of the blog contains some good articles - thanks again!

Yeah i thought there was interesting tidbits too.

Draco9898

Good article... ;D

I would still prefer playbasic to torque though...I just like that hands on, under the hood of the 'car' feeling.
Say kevin, when is playbasic FX coming? I want them shaders and complete hardware support :)....and the shaders...
Although I have to say that mode 7 esque demo was really neat :)

I wonder if I could just write a shaders DLL in C or something...probably not considering I'm really just a pixel artist anyway :)
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

kevin

QuoteSay kevin, when is playbasic FX coming? I want them shaders and complete hardware support ....and the shaders...

apparently you've missed that the work on VM2 is in effect work on FX.

QuoteI wonder if I could just write a shaders DLL in C or something...probably not considering I'm really just a pixel artist anyway

Good luck.  You know you actually wrap another engine into PB atm.  It'd be a bit tacky, but it'd work..

Draco9898

Quote from: kevin on September 08, 2006, 10:40:17 AM

QuoteSay kevin, when is playbasic FX coming? I want them shaders and complete hardware support ....and the shaders...

apparently you've missed that the work on VM2 is in effect work on FX.

QuoteI wonder if I could just write a shaders DLL in C or something...probably not considering I'm really just a pixel artist anyway

Good luck.  You know you actually wrap another engine into PB atm.  It'd be a bit tacky, but it'd work..

I see, well, keep up the good work mate
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin