Main Menu

shape editor

Started by eatfishy, July 18, 2006, 09:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatfishy

I know pb lets you create shape programmatically, but that's just crazy if i want to create a shape for everyone of my player's frame. Is there some kinda graphical editor, where there's visual? Please say yes...

kevin

erm.  look in the TOOLS folder

PlayShape now has it's own forum in the tools section.

Take Me to the tools section

eatfishy

Thanks...I shoulda check there.  :lol:

balaporte

Quote from: kevin on July 18, 2006, 09:43:22 PM
erm.  look in the TOOLS folder

I've been looking in all the PB folders and on the website for this, too (I think you were calling this a "Simple Shape Editor" in the forum messages), and it's not in my TOOLS folder. All I have in there is three versions of PlayMapper and the UFF reader. I've updated to the current version of PB, but missed a few updates in the middle - did I maybe miss the install of this in the TOOLS folder? Anywhere I can download it? I'm currently working on a game (who's not?) and coming up to the point where this would be very useful.

Also, just wanted to say that I've been spending some serious time with PB over the last two weeks (working on the game), and I'm VERY happy with it as a tool. Easily worth more than what I paid for it - and I can't wait for PBFX. It's a great strategy to have both available & sharing enough code to allow programmers to develop versions of the same game for both lower- & higher-end machines. I believe I'm done with Multimedia Fusion forever.

stef

Hi!

I'm missing that shape editor too.

In general vector graphics is more and more important, because it has enormous possibilities and chances(not only for 3D)

Greetings
stef

Big C.

I do not know exactly with which update Kevin published his editor... But I believe that it could be V1.33 or a version after that because Kevin worked on the source text on 28.04.2006...

maybe it helps

P.S. huhuhuhu stef, subsequently everything good and the best wishes to your birthday  ;D

balaporte

Found it! Thanks for the help, it is part of version 1.33. I had given up looking at the previous updates, since all the download links have been deleted. But there is still a link to "Download PB V1.33 demo TGC edition", which has Play_Shape in the TOOLS folder.

I'm not sure how to reference the post that has the download link, but if you do a search for "V1.33 demo TGC edition", it comes up.

kevin

ahhh... Thanks for the reminder.. I'll post a version in the tools forum.   But it should be in the example update also.

In case anybody is searching for it, stand alone examples and help file updates can be found here.  There a bit older than the current release, but they should include PlayShape also.

http://www.underwaredesign.com/forums/index.php?topic=1238.0

kevin

PlayShape now has it's own forum in the tools section.

Take Me to the tools section