Main Menu

Quick question

Started by Tracy, March 18, 2006, 01:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

What's the best way to host an .exe file? I've compiled my game and want to send it to a friend, and have been blocked at every turn. Anyone know a site that will allow me to host an exe? Thanks.

-Tracy

kevin

You should be able to upload PB files here.  But make sure you zip them up first... :)

Failing that, it might be time to sign up from some free web space to host your releases.

Tracy

QuoteYou should be able to upload PB files here.  But make sure you zip them up first... :)

Failing that, it might be time to sign up from some free web space to host your releases.

I tried uploading it here but to no avail. I'm not sure what's up- I'm actually more and more convinced that I'm running into some hidden security feature on this end. I'll upload what I've got for the PB community to look at while I'm gone for break, though. Thanks, Kevin.

kevin

can you upload anything here ?  Like a pic ?

Tracy

Quotecan you upload anything here ?  Like a pic ?

Yup. But not a zip file. Can't figure out why.

Tracy

QuoteYup. But not a zip file. Can't figure out why.

Attempt to load a zip file...

failed again. It just kind of stalls out and then returns me to the create reply screen without the attachment on it. I can repeat it as many times as I want, but no dice.

I'll figure it out eventually. Shouldn't be that big of a deal, so I don't know what's up.

kevin

It's prolly a settings issue with the board.  I'll have a look see

thaaks

I also had problems uploading my AstroBreak to the forums a few weeks ago.
I think it's a forum setting...

Tommy

Tracy

Hmm. I can email the .zip to myself, so it doesn't seem to be an upload issue on this end. Is it possible I'm timing out? there's a decent amount of media in the .zip so it's a little bigger (about 2.8 Mb.)

kevin

Well, it's odd uploading is live and there's no limits on any of the boards..

Can you upload a zip at all ? (ie a smaller one )

Tracy

QuoteWell, it's odd uploading is live and there's no limits on any of the boards..

Can you upload a zip at all ? (ie a smaller one )

Yup. smaller ones no problem. It's odd that when I tried to load the larger one, though, I got another copy of the smaller one. <_< (I'm pretty sure I selected the larger file, though, because it timed out.)

kevin

Looking for the board attachments other members are able to upload zipped exe's.  Although they seem to be around the 1.5 and bellow mark.  

It may well be timing out