News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Shell executing external files?

Started by Scraggle, March 10, 2006, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scraggle

I currently have a project which I have made in DarkBASIC, however it makes heavy use of 2D and as such is rather slow on low-spec machines.  So, I want to convert it to PlayBasic which should hopefully speed things up.

However I need the user to be able to save an image file, something which PlayBasic can't do but DarkBASIC can ... so, you see my dilema!

What I need to do is make the best use of both languages and have the main part of the program run from PlayBasic but when I want to save an image I call up DarkBASIC to so so,

I know that DarkBASIC has a command for this (EXECUTE FILE) but having read through PlayBasics commands I can't find anything similar.  Is there any way to run an executable file from within PlayBasic?

If not, is there any plans to introduce an EXECUTE FILE command or maybe a SAVE IMAGE command?

Thanks

kevin

Scraggle

I feel rather stupid now ... I just came back to edit my message to say I had found the EXEFILE command but you beat me to it!

Thanks ... let the conversion begin:)

kevin

To be honest, I'm not real sure a direct port first up is such a good idea, but each to their own.